Toll Free Call
Frequently Asked Questions
If you continue to connect more and more devices with your Wi-Fi network, it will decrease the transfer speed for each of the devices you have. D-Link recommends at least 15 simultaneously users to connect at a time, but it depends on the signal strength, environmental factors, number of walls and bandwidth clients, etc. Even the interference from the other wireless network. It could be the neighbouring Wi-Fi users as well.
- Log into your router using the URL dlinkrouter.local web GUI and select the interface of your router.
- Hit the Setup tab, given at the top corner of the page, then click on wireless settings at the left of the dashboard.
- Click on the Manual Wireless Network Setup button.
- In the box, given to fill the wireless network name and user ID. Vanish the default name and password. Now enter the network name that you will see while scanning for wireless networks on the computer or any other wireless device that you are using.
- Scroll down the page using the mouse ball and hold on to Wireless Security Mode. Then you need to select WPA-Personal.
- Again scroll down and come to the bottom level of the page, just Next to pre-shared key, and remove all dots to enter a new password which must contain at least 8 characters and it is case-sensitive.
- Click at SAVE option to save the changes made by you.
Unfortunately, if you have forgotten the administrator password, you have to set your router to the default factory settings. In this case, you will lose the entire settings and will be required to reconfigure your router. In the reset process, we need a small and thin paper pin or hairpin to press the reset button that is given at the rear or back of the router. Press the button gently and hold it for at least 10 seconds, then release at once. Let the router to reboot it for 2-3 minutes. Now follow the prescribed steps one by one to set a new password for your DIR-825 Wi-Fi Mesh router.
Open your Internet Explorer or Chrome, or Mozilla Firefox and hit the search bar to type dlinkrouterlocal.in or type (http://192.168.0.1) which is the default IP address of your router. If you have changed that one then put the modified one.
Enter the password. If you have not changed it, then it will be PASSWORD and if you have changed it, then fill the modified one, then hit the login tab.
Take the cursor of your mouse over Management and then click System Admin.
Here you can even change the password by entering a new password in the field of password, verify the password typed in the above cell and save the change.
By the help of remote management, you can access your router’s web UI remotely from the internet. But it is recommended not to leave this option enabled as anyone can easily access your router. To make this option enabled to follow the upcoming details of steps;
- Enter the IP address of your router at the addy of the browser or type (http://192.168.0.1) as default.
- In case you do not know the IP address then type dlinkrouter.local and proceed to log in.
- On the home page click the Management and then click System
- To open the Administrative section you have to click the advanced settings.
- Punch the curser on “Enabled Remote Management” to enable it. The default port will be 8080.
- To access your router remotely, enter Http://<router”s WAN IP address>:8080 from your web browser. If you have changed the Remote Admin Port, then you should go for that one at the URL.
- Click at the SAVE key to save the changes made by you.
- Find the WAN IP address of your router at the top of the home page of your router’s web interface.
- Your IP address will be listed at the Dynamic IP (DHCP), just next to the IP address tab.