Dlinkrouter.local | Dlink router Login | Dlink faqs
Get quick support for Dlink Routers
How to configure D-Link Smart AX1500 Mesh Wi-Fi 6 Router
Visit the IP address of the router through the new browser window, and enter http://192.168.0.1 at the required field or you can enter the key phrase dlinkrouter.local in the attempt to configure your D-Link router, note down the Default Gateway IP address of your computer. The default gateway is the only IP address of your D-Link Smart AX1500 Mesh Wi-Fi 6 Router. It MUST BE 192.168.0.1.
- Enter the default password of your router. The default user name is ADMIN and the password is PASSWORD.
- At the bottom, click the manual internet connection Setup Button.
- In the primary section of DNS server enter the OpenDNS addresses and secondary DNS service should be entered in the second place.
Before switching to another DNS service, note down your current DNS settings.
The address for the OpenDNS are;
At the top of the setting page, click to save the settings. After saving the settings, it is suggested to flush your DNS resolver caches. Also clear the caches of your web browser, to ensure that the recently performed DNS is working or not.
How to clear the DNS cache for Dlink router login
In the below article we are going to provide you with information about the various methods to clear the DNS cache on computers and web browsers. This process is necessary in order for previously cached resolutions.
For Window 8;
- Press the window Key or hover your mouse over the Window Icon.
- Type ipconfig /flushdns at the Command Prompt
- Right-click the application and hit at the Run as Administrator.
For OS X 10.4, Tiger, 10.5, 10.6 Leopard, and 10.7. 10.8 Lion users…
- Click the Terminal icon in the Finder or in the Dock under the subtitle of Application/Utilities/Terminal
- Then in the command prompt run the following commands..
- lookupd -flushcache (for the first one)
- dscacheutil -flushcache (for the second one)
- sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder (for the third one)
If you are using Linux or Apple device;
- Open the Terminal window with the codes gnome-terminal, console, xtem, etc.
- At the command prompt, type sudo /etc/init.d/nscd restart or type sudo /etc/init.d/nscd restart
How to clear the DNS Cache on browsers?
- The browser users should click on the top-left corner of the browser.
- Go to History Menu.
- Select the option of “Recent history” and check all the boxes.
- Under the Time Range to clear the data, opt for everything except the password.
- Then, click Clear Now.
Apple Safari users should go to the Safari Menu, select RESET Safari. Check all the boxes listed down Neath and click to reset key.
DIR-842 Wireless AC1200 MU-MIMO wif Gigabit router has launched by the D-link and emits 867 Mbps on 5GHz AND 300 Mbps on 2.4 GHz. It has a powerful quad-core processor of new generation 802.11ac with MU-MIMO with WAN and 4 x Gigabit LAN port that gives you the opportunity to connect as many devices as you want without any breakage and lags. Surf the webchat for online games, live video streaming and downloading or uploading the videos and high definition movies.
How to update the firmware of my DIR-842 Wireless?
It is recommended to carry the firmware update over a wired connection. The connection should be created via an Ethernet cable between your computer and the router. Do not power off the router during the procedure of firmware update. If you would power off the router n between the processes, it can spoil your D-Link router login. Before submitting your router for firmware upgrading process, you should make a hard reset but using the reset button, situated at the bottom of the router. This step would be beneficial for you to gain the latest version of features and updates.
One thing that is needed to be noticed before you go for the latest firmware update, must keep a backup of your previous data else you goanna lose it after the factory default setting process. dlinkrouter.local advise you to perform a complete manual configuration of your router in order to achieve the earlier functionality after getting the new firmware.
Stepwise description for the process of firmware update
- Download the latest firmware using the official website of D-Link that is http://support.dlink.com and seek the information in detail over dlinkrouterlocal.in
- 2. After downloading the latest firmware as compatible and supportive to your DIR842 router, unzip the ZIP file to a location from where you can easily pick it up for the further process. The web browser, for instance, Firefox, Mozilla, Internet Explorer, or chrome to enter the local web interface for Dlink router login.
- Put the login information at the locus where it has been asked to fill. Admin is the default username and password is the default passcode. But is you have changed these credential, then you need to fill that one, otherwise, you will not be able to do dlink router login easily. In case, if you have not changed the login credential then leave this page blank and click Login. DIR600L/605L/615L/619L-ES users should click at the bottom.
- Hover the mouse over the Tools or Maintenance tab, given at the top left corner of the page and click on Firmware or Firmware Update. Under firmware update click on the browse button and locate the .bin file that has been downloaded by you in the very first step. Click Open to open the file after highlighting the file by making a click on it, through your mouse.
- To commence the upgrade process of Firmware, click on Upload. 2 to 3 minutes will be required to complete the process, so wait for that particular duration of time. When you see that the upgrade process has been reached to its end, then a confirmation prompt will have appeared on the screen, click continue. Now your firmware has been replaced with the latest one.
- Due to some changes in the structure of the firmware of some router, the newly loaded firmware will behave in certain manners while dlinkrouter.loca login and setup, like slow internet/LAN/WAN/Wireless connection
- Fluctuating LAN or WAN connections.
If such symptoms have been occurring to your internet then it needs to be reset again. Press the reset button by using the pin for 4-8 seconds and release it. Now you can manually reconfigure your router.
How to enable the guest zone on the latest router of D-link?
- In the beginning, open the web browser of your choice and enter dlinkrouterlocal.in or you can even enter the IP address of your router that is http://192.168.0.1 at the ULR bar.
- Enter the password for your personal admin account in the required locus and click login.
- Roll on your cursor to the tab of Setting and click Wirelessly out of Drop Down box.
- Now click the Guest Zone Tab.
- In the next step you have to configure the Guest Zone:
WIFI name (SSID) should be entered for your guest network.
Password is a must for the guest Zone settings.
You can repeat the same steps for 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz band. Leave the internet access as enabled. This will allow the users to connect with your guest network internet, but they won’t be able to connect your private network. Click save option to save the settings.
Review Us On
Mon-Fri 09:00 - 19:00 Sat-Sun 10:00 - 14:00